Asian Long Noodle Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes6 servings (2 quarts)
- 6 ounces uncooked Asian lo mein noodles
- 1 pork tenderloin (3/4 pound), cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 carton (32 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh snow peas, halved diagonally
- 1 cup coleslaw mix
- 2 green onions, sliced diagonally
- Fresh cilantro leaves, optional
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water; drain well.
- Meanwhile, toss pork with 1 tablespoon soy sauce and pepper. In a 6-qt. stockpot, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat; saute pork until lightly browned, 2-3 minutes. Remove from pot.
- In same pot, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat; saute ginger and garlic until fragrant, 20-30 seconds. Stir in broth and remaining soy sauce; bring to a boil. Add celery and snow peas; return to a boil. Simmer, uncovered, until crisp-tender, 2-3 minutes. Stir in pork and coleslaw mix; cook just until cabbage begins to wilt. Add noodles; remove from heat. Top with green onions and, if desired, cilantro.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 227 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 1078mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 16g protein.
Nov 25, 2019
Thanks. This was very easy and tasted great! I used leftover pork tenderloin - so wasn't an entire portion but was plenty. Also added more cabbage mix, ginger, soy sauce
May 15, 2018
So quick and very tasty! I made this as a main dish and served egg rolls along side.