Asian Glazed Chicken Thighs
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1 pound)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot or 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Toasted sesame seeds, optional
- In a small bowl, whisk vinegar, soy sauce and honey until blended. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown chicken on both sides.
- Add garlic and ginger to skillet; cook and stir 1 minute (do not allow garlic to brown). Stir in vinegar mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 8-10 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 170°.
- Uncover; simmer 1-2 minutes longer or until sauce is slightly thickened. If desired, cut into bite-size pieces and sprinkle with sesame seeds before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 247 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 735mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 0 fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jul 12, 2020
Too sharp. Took my breath away. Probably could use some brown sugar. Will not make again. For those who liked it, please enjoy.
Jul 11, 2020
I am going to cook this sounds yummy
Jul 11, 2020
Lovely will try to make it at home or get from large restaurant
Feb 22, 2020
We had these delicious chicken thighs tonight. I followed the recipe exactly and they were delicious. The sauce did not thicken very much but was delicious over the brown rice. This is definitely a 5-star recipe. Volunteer Field Editor
Sep 17, 2019
This was very good. I doubled the sauce, but it didn't get as thick as I would like. Next time I will add a cornstarch slurry. The chicken was very tender.
Feb 25, 2019
These were so good, my family loved them
Jan 14, 2019
These were absolutely AMAZING, the entire family loved them. Thank for sharing!
May 31, 2018
This is excellent recipe for something different for chicken. Everyone liked it and I will definitely make it again. Because we like our food on the spicy side I added 1 tablespoon of sriracha sauce. The sauce thickened up very nicely.
Mar 16, 2018
Excellent! I used boneless chicken thighs. When I saw these cooking in the pan, I wasn't sure they would be that good, but they were excellent. Thanks for the great recipe!
May 31, 2016
I took previous advice and doubled sauce. I was also impatient in waiting for the sauce to thicken so I added a sprinkle of cornstarch. Tasty...will make again.