Artichoke Rye Toasts
Quick, light and cheesy, Joann Guzolik’s mouthwatering artichoke bites make irresistible finger food for guests of all ages at her home in West Leechburg, Pennsylvania.
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 24 slices snack rye bread
- Refrigerated butter-flavored spray
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Place the bread on ungreased baking sheets; spritz with butter-flavored spray. In a small bowl, combine the artichokes, cheeses and cayenne. In another bowl, beat egg whites until stiff; fold into artichoke mixture.
- Spread over bread; sprinkle with paprika. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray.
Nutrition Facts2 slice: 78 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 270mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.