Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 55 min. + standing
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 jar (15 ounces) Alfredo sauce
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 2-1/2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 package (9 ounces) no-cook lasagna noodles
- Fresh basil leaves and grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, onion, mushrooms and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, tomato paste, pepper and 2 cups mozzarella cheese; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the Alfredo sauce, ricotta cheese, peas and spinach.
- Spread 1 cup meat sauce into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with 4 noodles, 1-1/4 cups meat sauce and 1-1/4 cups spinach mixture. Repeat layers 3 times. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. (Pan will be full.)
- Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Garnish with basil and serve with Parmesan cheese if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 406 calories, 18g fat (10g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 598mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 28g protein.
Jul 17, 2020
My kids called this their new favorite lasagna! I had to substitute with pre-cooked regular lasagna noodles instead of the no-cook variety, but they worked fine. I liked the Alfredo.
Mar 29, 2014
This was the best! I would use Italian sausage next time.