Apricot-Walnut Crescent Cookies
Crescent-shaped cookies are classics on a holiday dessert platter. If you’d like a larger filled cookie, place half the cutouts on a baking sheet and place 1 teaspoon filling in the center of each. Top each with another cutout and press the edges to seal. Bake a minute or two longer than recipe directs. —Angela Lott, Neshanic Station, New Jersey
Total TimePrep: 45 min. Bake: 15 min./batch + cooling
- 1 package (6 ounces) dried apricots
- 1/2 cup walnut halves
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 sheets refrigerated pie crust
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons coarse sugar
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 to 5 tablespoons apricot brandy
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- Place apricots and walnut halves in a food processor; cover and process until finely chopped.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, water and apricot mixture. Cook over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, on a lightly floured surface, unroll one pie crust. Roll out to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a 2-1/2-in. round cookie cutter. Spoon about 1 teaspoon apricot filling on half of each circle. Fold crust over; seal edges. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Repeat with remaining pie crusts and filling. Brush cookies with milk; sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For icing, in a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and enough brandy to achieve desired consistency. Place chopped walnuts in another small bowl. Dip rounded edges of cookies in icing and then in walnuts. Drizzle any remaining icing over cookies if desired. Let stand until set.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 133 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 61mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.