Apricot Swirl Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 50 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup finely ground almonds
- 1 cup dried apricots
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- Whipped cream and toasted sliced almonds
- Grease the bottom and sides of a 10-in. springform pan; sprinkle with ground almonds and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, cook apricots and water for 15 minutes over medium heat or until the water is nearly absorbed and apricots are tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in lemon zest; cool slightly. Transfer to a blender; cover and process until smooth and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and flour until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Beat in cream just until blended. Stir 1 cup into pureed apricots; set aside.
- Pour remaining mixture into prepared pan. Drop apricot mixture by 1/2 teaspoonfuls over filling. Cut through filling with a knife to swirl apricot mixture. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Cool 1 hour longer.
- In a small saucepan, heat preserves. Press through a strainer (discard pulp). Spread over cheesecake. Refrigerate overnight. Garnish with whipped cream and sliced almonds. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 314 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 105mg cholesterol, 92mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Mar 5, 2016
Really enjoyed the flavor of this cheesecake and easy to make. I made it for a family dinner. The phrase " Heaven in my mouth" was uttered. It was a hit. I will definitely make again.
Jun 21, 2006
No comment left