Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours
- 1 fully cooked bone-in ham (6 to 8 pounds)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons ground mustard
- Whole cloves
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Score the surface of the ham, making diamond shapes 1/2 in. deep. Combine brown sugar and mustard; rub over surface of ham. Insert a clove in the center of each diamond.
- Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1 hour. Spoon preserves over ham. Bake 15-30 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 140° and ham is heated through.
Nutrition Facts3 ounces cooked ham: 233 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 926mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 17g protein.
Apr 27, 2014
I used this glaze for a spiral ham. The sweetness of the apricot and brown sugar pairs well with the saltiness of the ham.
Oct 15, 2013
This is one of my husbands favorites! The left-overs can be used for a ton of other recipes, too!!
Apr 30, 2011
I made this last week for the first Easter Dinner I have ever hosted. It was easy and delicious!! My family raved! I will definitely be making this again!
Apr 12, 2011
Best ham we have ever had the whole family loves it
Mar 3, 2011
I make this recipe at least once a month. very good! The only way I make ham now.
Nov 27, 2005
No comment left