All seasons are beautiful here, but I especially like fall so I can serve more hearty fare like this. Served with mashed potatoes and pumpkin pie, these ribs soothe the soul.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 2 hours
- 3 to 3-1/2 pounds country-style pork ribs
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 can (32 ounces) sauerkraut
- 2 cups applesauce
- 2 cups thinly sliced onion
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup apple juice
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown ribs in oil. Arrange ribs in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Rinse and squeeze sauerkraut; layer the sauerkraut, applesauce and onion over ribs. Combine broth and apple juice; pour over all.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1-3/4 hours; uncover and bake 15 minutes longer or until onion begins to brown and meat is tender.
Nutrition Facts8 ounce-weight: 336 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 1183mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 5g fiber), 28g protein.
Dec 30, 2019
This was an excellent recipe. Made for juicy ribs and sweet/sour sauerkraut. Would love to send a photo of the finished meal. Yum! Let me know how to submit the picture.
Dec 22, 2006
No comment left