Apple-Sweet Potato Pecan Dump Cake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min. + standing
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 1 can (16 ounces) cut sweet potatoes in syrup, drained and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 package butter pecan cake mix (regular size)
- 3/4 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Vanilla ice cream or sweetened whipped cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine pie filling, sweet potatoes, cinnamon and pie spice in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cake mix and cheese; dot with butter. Drizzle with caramel and sprinkle with pecans. Bake until golden brown, 45-50 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes. Serve warm, with ice cream or whipped cream if desired.
Test Kitchen tip
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 347 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 373mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Oct 5, 2019
Wow! This is delicious! I’m sitting here, leaving a review, making my second one, smelling the fantastic aroma as it is baking! My son, who is very picky, thought he wouldn’t like it because of the sweet potatoes and pecans, but he loves it and asked me to make it again! I added more pecans and caramel the second time as the top of the cake resembles pecan pie!