Apple Pear Pie
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 3 medium ripe pears, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 medium tart apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup plus 1 teaspoon sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon whole milk
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim to 1 in. beyond edge of plate. In a large bowl, combine the pears, apples, 1 cup sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon and nutmeg. Transfer mixture to crust; dot with butter.
- Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; cut slits or decorative cutouts in pastry. Place over filling; trim, seal and flute edges. Add decorative cutouts if desired. Brush with milk; sprinkle with remaining sugar. Cover edges loosely with foil.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Remove foil; bake 30-35 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
Test Kitchen tip
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 438 calories, 19g fat (9g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 244mg sodium, 67g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Jul 22, 2020
Mine came out PERFECT!!! That almost never happens when I try new recipes!! My family loved it, THANK YOU SO MUCH! I will definitely be making this time and time again.
Oct 20, 2019
Delicious, but NEEDS a thickener. Came out as soup. Tasty, tasty soup.
Feb 22, 2018
No comment left
Jan 7, 2018
Made as written except added a handful of walnuts on top before putting the top crust on. Hubby and I really liked it!
Sep 25, 2011
I made this last night and it turned out amazingly well. There are a few things I would do differently but they all have to do with the crust and not the filling for the pie. I loved how thinly the fruit was suggested to be sliced. I would definitely make this pie again!
Jan 6, 2011
Delicious and super simple to make.
Oct 16, 2010
delicious and easy to make
Aug 29, 2010
No comment left