Apple ‘n’ Pear Kabobs
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 5 medium apples, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 4 medium pears, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- BUTTER PECAN SAUCE:
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Toss apples and pears with lemon juice. Thread fruit alternately onto 12 metal or soaked wooden skewers; place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine sugars and cornstarch. Gradually stir in cream until smooth. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Remove from the heat; stir in butter until smooth. Add pecans. Serve warm with kabobs.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 195 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 18mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jun 3, 2011
Oct 12, 2010
I thought these were a great appetizer! I made the sauce a day in advance, and it tasted even better when reheated the next day! Next time, I might use fewer apples and pears as this quantity made a LOT of kabobs. I used the leftovers to make a pear/applesauce, so they didn't go to waste. I might be making these as Thanksgiving appetizers!