Apple Luncheon Salad
Meet the Cook: Served with fresh bread, this makes a nice light meal. I've also used this recipe for entertaining, and it has always been a success at potluck dinners. While it's a delicious way to use up leftover beef, I sometimes serve it with cold ham and cheese instead. The parents of one son, my husband (a good cook who adds his input to my recipes) and I have two grandchildren. -Audrey Marsh, Arva, Ontario
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 3 cups diced apples
- 1 cup julienned cooked roast beef
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Lettuce leaves
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, combine oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Pour over apple mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve on lettuce.