Apple Dumpling Bake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup Mountain Dew soda
- Vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350°. Peel, core and cut each apple into 8 wedges. Unroll both tubes of crescent dough; separate each into 8 triangles. Wrap a triangle around each wedge. Place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- In a bowl, mix sugar, butter and cinnamon until blended; sprinkle over dumplings. Slowly pour soda around the rolls (do not stir).
- Bake, uncovered, until golden brown and apples are tender, 35-40 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream.
Nutrition Facts2 dumplings: 414 calories, 20g fat (9g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 510mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Mar 31, 2020
Very easy! They were delicious! I followed the advice of another review and did half a cup of sugar! I'll definitely be baking these again!
Jan 15, 2020
I have a similar recipe that uses canned biscuits and 7-up or Sprite. We like using the biscuits better (separating the layers into two pieces of biscuit). This dessert is delicious and always a conversation piece!
Dec 1, 2019
Fun recipe to make, very tasty and delicious!
Sep 16, 2019
This recipe is incorrect and the consistency of the topping wrong. Use 1 c. Butter melted and then stir in 2/3 c. Sugar and 1t cinnamon. Pour THAT on top of crescent rolls and then pour Mountain Dew around the sides. Just made this yesterday for company. Delicious!
Feb 1, 2019
These are so easy and fun to make, and they turned out very well. The Mountain Dew is a great conversation piece too - people find it hard to believe they are an ingredient in this dessert! Next time I will probably reduce the sugar a bit, since they were quite sweet made as is.
Jan 10, 2019
I made this wonderful dessert with golden delicious apples for church potluck and served with ice cream...out of this world! Golden delicious apples hold their shape when baked and are so, so good!
Nov 6, 2018
Made this last night, very good! I was very skeptical because the mix of butter, sugar, and cinnamon ( I also added 1/2 tsp of nutmeg) wasn’t a sprinkling consistentcy. Placed on top of dumplings by tablespoonful. Baked into a nice crunch! I also only used 1/2 cup butter and 1/2 cup of sugar. Personal preference, Was perfectly sweetened and buttery. Will definitely make again and will try with even less butter. Thank you Chris
Oct 29, 2018
Great tasting, easy recipe. I've been making these apple dumplings for years and my family and friends love them!
Jun 22, 2018
No comment left
Mar 24, 2018
Quick and easy dessert that tastes delicious! I like Janet's suggestion of using peaches - thanks!