Apple Cinnamon Jelly
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Process: 5 min.
- 4 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 6-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg
- In a Dutch oven, combine apple juice and pectin. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. In a bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Stir into apple mixture; return to a full rolling boil. Boil and stir for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat; skim off foam. Ladle hot mixture into seven hot sterilized half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 5 minutes. Remove jars and cool.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 99 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Jul 13, 2020
Delicious jelly! It tastes like apple butter without the pulp. I doubled the recipe and it still set great. It is so fun to make a less common jelly flavor. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Sep 20, 2019
This jelly is much, much too sweet. Very disappointed as it is really easy to make.
Mar 10, 2019
This turned out well. We have several apple trees and I am always looking for ways to use the produce. I make lots of homemade apple juice, and used some to make this. Kids loved it.
Sep 27, 2018
I love this and it shows served with peanut butter which is so good i always have used a cream cheese but i am a new believer in using peanut butter - this is so good and love that you get enough for saving too