Appetizer Tortilla Pinwheels
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
Makesabout 4 dozen
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles, well drained
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- Garlic powder to taste
- Seasoned salt to taste
- 5 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- Salsa, optional
- Beat cream cheese, cheese and sour cream until blended. Stir in olives, green chiles, green onions and seasonings.
- Spread over tortillas; roll up tightly. Wrap each in plastic, twisting ends to seal; refrigerate several hours.
- Unwrap. Cut into 1/2- to 3/4-in. slices, using a serrated knife. If desired, serve with salsa.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 pinwheel: 63 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 119mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Aug 20, 2020
These are great! I've also made them with crm chs, ham and diced pickles (dill or sweet). Another version - crm chs, chipotle raspberry sauce and diced chicken. So many variations and so easy!
Apr 15, 2020
Easy and delish!
Dec 11, 2019
I've been making these for years. In fact, if i dont have them, everyone asks for them!
Aug 29, 2019
I’ve made these for years. The only thing I do differently, is to cook up some bacon and then chop it up and add it to the mixture. Super yummy!
Aug 19, 2019
Taste so yummy easy to make and everyone loves them. I serve with sides of salsa and guacamole
May 24, 2019
(Note to Editor: I submitted this review the other day and the end was cut off. If you can't use the brand name Wheat Thins, can you at least change it to "wheat crackers", instead of just cutting it off?) I have made these for years, but I don't use chilies or seasoning. I also discovered that just the filling makes a delicious dip! I serve it with Sundried Tomato wheat crackers.
Feb 13, 2019
These are fabulous! I also made a version with smoked salmon and added Mexican taco spices. Fantastic, thanks so much Pat Waymire!
Feb 12, 2019
Made these delicious little appetizers for 2 get-togethers. Was enjoyed by all! Thank you for sharing this recipe, It's a keeper!
Jan 31, 2019
I haven’t made these yet, but I plan to for Super Bowl Sunday. I am going to make up the next year on Saturday and then spread out on the tortillas early Sunday. Hopefully that will prevent any possibility of tortillas getting soggy. I am going to leave out the olives and the peppers, at least the seeds. I think I’m going to try that taco powder in them or one of the other suggestions you people have made. They just sound delicious.
Dec 30, 2018
Amazing and a great, simple appetizer to make