Any-Season Fruit Bowl
Total TimePrep: 5 min. + chilling Cook: 25 min. + chilling
- 2 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup lime or lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon anise extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 3 kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 2 grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 2 large apples, cubed
- 1 pint strawberries, sliced
- 1 pound green grapes
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- In a medium saucepan, combine water, sugar, lime juice, anise and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; cover and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
- Combine fruit in a large bowl; add dressing and toss to coat. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
Dec 29, 2017
Excellent recipe, though it makes way more than 18 servings. The anise seed was a perfect accent. I used fresh pineapple...with all that fresh fruit I wasn't going to add canned ingredients to it. I served it to 15 at brunch and got many compliments. I will make this again. Thank you, Taste of Home
Feb 27, 2013
No comment left
Mar 30, 2012
I would cut the amount of sugar by half, it was way too much...and if you don't like the taste of black licorice, leave the anise out.
Dec 1, 2009
I would leave out the anise extract. I am not that found of the black licorice flavor and apparently neither did the other 25 people at my breakfast last year. Then I would have to rate it again.
Dec 12, 2007
Nice Summer Dish!