These lovely, golden brown anise pizzelle cookies have a crisp texture and delicate anise flavor. I create them using a pizzelle iron. —Barbara Colucci, Rockledge, Florida
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 5 min./batch
Makesabout 2 dozen
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon aniseed
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon anise extract
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and butter until smooth. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually to egg mixture and mix well. Stir in aniseed and extracts.
- Bake in a preheated pizzelle iron according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container.