Almond Pie Bars
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- For the crust, combine flour and confectioners' sugar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the sugar, almonds and flour; stir in the remaining filling ingredients.
- Pour over crust. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts2 bars: 167 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 81mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Jun 25, 2014
These bars were very good, but I took them out according to the recipe and after letting them cool, they weren't set up really well, very gooey! They are also very, very sweet so only a small piece is needed.
Jun 28, 2010
I have made this recipe which I have had for many many years dozens of times. Got it from a restaurant near where I lived. It is the best chocolate pie you will ever eat. It stays in the freezer until you are ready to eat it. Cuts nicely!