Almond Orange Chicken
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup ground almonds
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/3 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Place 1/2 cup flour, eggs and almonds in separate shallow bowls. Roll chicken in flour, then dip in eggs and roll in almonds. In a large skillet cook chicken over medium-high heat in 2 tablespoons butter for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reaches 170°. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute onion in remaining butter until tender. In a small bowl, combine the milk, poultry seasoning and remaining flour. Gradually stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat; stir in the orange marmalade, orange juice and zest, salt and pepper. Pour over chicken. Serve with rice if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 318 calories, 18g fat (7g saturated fat), 110mg cholesterol, 541mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein.
Jun 25, 2013
No comment left
Jan 30, 2011
My husband, who is usually not a fan of things not spicy, really raved about this dish and asked that it be put on our "gourmet" list.
Feb 23, 2009
No comment left
Jun 6, 2008
The outside burned while the inside was still raw, so I had to finish cooking it in the microwave. It WAS moist, though.