Almond Cherry Fudge
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
Makesabout 1 pound
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup red candied cherries, chopped
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Line an 8-in. square pan with foil and grease the foil; set aside. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and milk on high for about 1 minute; stir. Microwave in additional 10- to 20-second intervals until melted; stir until smooth. Stir in the almonds, cherries and extract. Spread into prepared pan. Cover and chill for 2 hours or until set.
- Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Discard foil; cut fudge into 1-in. squares. Store in the refrigerator.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 55 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 9mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Jan 4, 2018
Made this for the holidays to give to neighbors. Raves from all!!
May 13, 2017
Amazing flavor and so easy to make. I use cherry flavored craisins for simplicity, and don't cut them. I've brought them into work and each time people are excited and coming back for more. They are highly addictive! It is by far my favorite fudge now! ??
Dec 18, 2016
Dec 14, 2016
Easy and pretty good. Makes for a different flavor of fudge. Mine didn't set up to be as hard as my normal fudge but because it's kept refrigerated it worked out okay.
Jan 27, 2016
Amazing! And super easy to make too!
Dec 6, 2015
Easy and fantastic! I used Craisins instead of cherries. Definitely a keeper!
Dec 26, 2014
This recipe was so easy and very delicious. The hardest part was cutting up the cherries. I don't know why but I didn't think this was going to work or even be good. WOW was I wrong. I will make this every year at Christmas from now on.
Dec 22, 2012
Delicious fudge and so easy to make. Addictive! A keeper recipe.
Nov 24, 2012
my grandaughter and i made this yesterday. delicious. we went exactly by the recipe and it would not sit up hard. was in fridge for 4 hrs. finally put in freezer. anyone know what we did wron. want to make more. thanks!
Jul 16, 2012
This was so good and so easy to make! Tasted like my fav chocolate covered cherries!