Almond Berry Bread
With raspberries and a sugary almond crust, this quick bread is pretty inside and out. I like to bake two and give one away.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + standing Bake: 45 min. + cooling
Makes1 loaf (16 slices)
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup almond paste
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, divided
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 tablespoon coarse sugar
- In a small bowl, pour milk over oats; let stand for 30 minutes. In a large bowl, beat almond paste, butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extract. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with oat mixture. Fold in 1/4 cup almonds.
- Pour half the batter into a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan. Sprinkle with raspberries. Top with remaining batter; sprinkle with coarse sugar and remaining almonds.
- Bake at 350° until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, for 45-55 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack.