Almond-Apricot Chicken Salad
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 package (8 ounces) spiral pasta
- 1 package (6 ounces) dried apricots, thinly sliced
- 3 cups coarsely chopped fresh broccoli
- 2-1/2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon dried savory
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding apricots during the last 4 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water; place in a large bowl. Add broccoli, chicken, onions and celery.
- In a small bowl, combine the next eight ingredients. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and chill until serving; fold in almonds.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 411 calories, 24g fat (6g saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 524mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 4g fiber), 17g protein.
Aug 16, 2019
I made this recipe tonight and we cleaned our plates. I made a few minor changes. I used cooked turkey instead of chicken and halved the recipe for the two of us. One other change I made was when I tasted the dressing, I thought it was a little bland and needed something so gave it a few squirts of ranch dressing which perked it up nicely. We loved the salad and will have it again.
Jun 24, 2019
Had this at a friend's luncheon, and we all requested the recipe. Delicious!
May 15, 2018
I served this hot; and substituted Quoran Diced Meatless Chicken for the chicken and substituted carrots for broccoli. Thank you, Susan for sharing this recipe.
Apr 8, 2018
No comment left
Mar 31, 2018
I'm sure this would be a hit with some people, although I speculate it would be less than half of those that have it, it was left as "it is edible but don't make it again" in our house of eight people. I really don't want to leave a low review but I also don't want to make the mistake of making it again only to not like it.*Edited to add* The strong citrus flavor was less the next day and nearly gone 3 days later (yes, this lasted that long in our house). Still wouldn't make it again.
Oct 3, 2015
I just made this for a catering event a few weeks ago and received numerous complements and requests for the recipe. I followed the recipe but added a little sugar to the mayo and sour cream mix. It's a pretty salad and also it's a filling salad.
Jun 14, 2008
Wonderful combination of flavors!!! Nice change from same old chicken salad.....Great Recipe!