Air-Fryer Taco Twists
Why serve tacos only in ordinary flour or corn tortillas? For a mouthwatering change of pace, try these air-fried tacos baked in flaky, golden crescent rolls. My family enjoys them for a warm lunch or light dinner. —Carla Kreider, Quarryville, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1/3 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 3 tablespoons canned chopped green chiles
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- Optional: shredded lettuce, sliced ripe olives, chopped tomatoes, sliced seeded jalapeno pepper
- Preheat air fryer to 300°. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in cheese, salsa, chiles, garlic powder, hot pepper sauce, salt and cumin.
- Unroll crescent roll dough and separate into 4 rectangles; press perforations to seal. Place 1/2 cup meat mixture in the center of each rectangle. Bring 4 corners to the center and twist; pinch to seal. In batches, place in a single layer on greased tray in air-fryer basket. Cook until golden brown, 18-22 minutes. If desired, serve with toppings of your choice.
Test Kitchen tip