Air-Fryer Lemon Chicken Thighs
These air-fryer lemon chicken thighs remind me of Sunday dinner. The lemon and herb butter really makes the chicken flavorful and juicy! If you don’t have an air fryer, the chicken can be baked in the oven at 400° for about 45 minutes. —Alyssa Lang, North Scituate, Rhode Island
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat air fryer to 400°. In a small bowl, combine butter, garlic, rosemary, thyme, lemon zest and lemon juice. Spread 1 teaspoon butter mixture under the skin of each chicken thigh. Spread remaining over the skin of each thigh. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken, skin side up, on greased tray in air-fryer basket. Cook 20 minutes, turning once. Turn chicken again (skin side up) and cook until a thermometer reads 170°-175°, about 5 minutes.