Air-Fryer Keto Meatballs
I have been following a keto diet for a year and a half and have lost 130 pounds. With this recipe for air-fryer keto meatballs, you won't miss the breadcrumbs at all! I like to eat these saucy meatballs on their own, but they're also great over zucchini noodles. —Holly Balzer-Harz, Malone, New York
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce with basil, garlic and oregano
- 2 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat air fryer to 350°. In a large bowl, combine the first 5 ingredients. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place in a single layer on greased tray in air-fryer basket; cook until lightly browned and cooked through, 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, mix sauce ingredients; heat through. Serve with meatballs. Freeze option: Freeze cooled meatballs in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Preheat air fryer to 350°. Reheat until heated through, 3-5 minutes. Make sauce as directed.
Test Kitchen tip