Air-Fryer Fajita-Stuffed Chicken
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min./batch
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 small onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, cut into 4 slices
- Optional: Salsa, sour cream, minced fresh cilantro, jalapeno slices and guacamole
- Preheat air fryer to 375°. Cut a pocket horizontally in the thickest part of each chicken breast. Fill with onion and green pepper. In a small bowl, combine olive oil and seasonings; rub over chicken.
- In batches, place chicken on greased tray in air-fryer basket. Cook 6 minutes. Top chicken with cheese slices; secure with toothpicks. Cook until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads at least 165°, 6-8 minutes longer. Discard toothpicks. If desired, serve with toppings of your choice.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken breast half: 347 calories, 17g fat (7g saturated fat), 126mg cholesterol, 628mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 42g protein.
May 8, 2020
Very tasty. I too put the cheese on in the last couple of minutes and it was just melty when the chicken was done. Loved it!!!! This is going in my favs folder!!!
Mar 24, 2020
Very easy and delicious!!! Tasted like traditional Chicken Fajitas minus the tortilla!!! The chicken crisped nicely in our air fryer and cooked the chicken very tender and juicy, not overcooked at all. Only recommendation would be to to add the cheese on top during the last few minutes of cooking as not to crisp it too much.