I entertain a lot, so I appreciate make-ahead recipes. These air-fryer empanadas are easy and delicious. I recommend making a few extra batches—they go fast! —Lynn Scully, Rancho Santa Fe, California
Total TimePrep: 1 hour Cook: 10 min./batch
Makesabout 1-1/2 dozen
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium sweet onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 log (4 ounces) fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup finely chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained
- Pastry for a single-crust pie or refrigerated pie crust
- Cooking spray
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir until softened, 4-5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring occasionally, until deep golden brown, 30-40 minutes. Remove from heat. Let cool slightly. Gently stir in goat cheese and tomatoes.
- Preheat air fryer to 375°. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 3-in. round biscuit cutter. Place 1 heaping teaspoon filling on 1 side of each circle. Brush edges of pastry with water; fold circles in half. With a fork, press edges to seal.
- In batches, arrange empanadas in a single layer on greased tray in air-fryer basket; spritz with cooking spray. Cook until golden brown, 4-5 minutes. Turn; spritz with cooking spray. Cook until golden brown, 4-5 minutes longer.
Test Kitchen tip