Air-Fryer Almond Chicken
My husband bought an air fryer oven about six months ago, after seeing it on television. We have used it at least twice a week and love how delicious the food has been. The chicken recipes that we have tried are especially good because of how moist it remains. We started a low-carb diet and did not want to use bread crumbs so we tried the chicken with almonds and it is a favorite now.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup slivered almonds, finely chopped
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- Optional: Ranch salad dressing, barbecue sauce and honey mustard
- Preheat air fryer to 350°. In a shallow bowl, whisk egg, buttermilk, garlic salt and pepper. Place almonds in another shallow bowl. Dip chicken into egg mixture, then into almonds, patting to help coating adhere.
- Place chicken in a single layer on greased tray in air-fryer basket; spritz with cooking spray. Cook until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads at least 165°, 15-18 minutes. If desired, serve with ranch dressing, barbecue sauce or mustard.