You probably know Guy Fieri for his Food Network show Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives, which has been on the air for over 13 years. Or maybe you know him for his willingness to feed first responders when disaster strikes.
But did you know that Guy Fieri is also a restaurateur? In 2018, he opened Chicken Guy! in Orlando, a Disney hot spot that unsurprisingly focuses on the many ways to eat chicken. Shortly after came the second Chicken Guy! location in Miami followed by restaurants in La Beuna Vista, Florida, Landover, Maryland and Santa Clara, California.
Not in any of these locations? Guess what: Fieri and his business partner, Robert Earl, have promised us that Chicken Guy! will soon be across the map.
Will your town be the next Flavortown?
According to the Chicken Guy! website, three more restaurants are headed our way. One will be in the Mall of America in Bloomington, Minnesota, and the other two will be in Miami and Sunrise, Florida, respectively. For now, you’ll have to make a trip to one of these scenic locations if you want to sample Guy Fieri’s secret fried chicken recipe or pickle fries, but we’re slowly seeing the chain stretch across the US. If you’re feeling hungry, it might be worth a visit—because all restaurants will have 22 different dipping sauces for their irresistible chicken tenders.
What are those 22 dipping sauces?
The Chicken Guy! menu splits the sauces into three lists, and every single one sounds like the bomb-dot-com:
Now we know exactly what’s in Guy’s famous Donkey Sauce!
- Special Sauce: Mayo + Ketchup + Mustard + Pickle Juice + Chicken Guy! Special Spices & Seasonings
- Donkey Sauce: Mayo + Roasted Garlic + Mustard + Worcestershire + Lemon
- Ranchero: Roasted Tomato + Bell Peppers + Chilies + Cumin + Garlic + Onion + Cilantro
- Curry Mayo: Coriander + Cumin + Turmeric + Chili Powder + Garlic + Lime + Mayo
- Wasabi Honey: Wasabi + Honey + Lime
- Cumin Lime Mojo: Cumin + Lime + Cilantro + Roasted Garlic
- Garlic Parmesan: Mayo + Roasted Garlic + Parmesan + Parsley + Black Pepper
- Avocado Crema: Avocado + Sour Cream + Cilantro + Lime
Donkey Sauce is only one of the foods that Guy Fieri loves.
Despite the sauces being “classics,” they sound anything but ordinary.
- Bourbon Brown Sugar BBQ: Kentucky Bourbon + Brown Sugar + Molasses + Apple Cider Vinegar
- Buffalo: Red Chilies + Jalapeño + Garlic + Onion + Paprika + Vinegar
- Bleu Cheese: Crumbled Bleu Cheese + Mayo + Lemon + Sour Cream
- Buttermilk Ranch: Buttermilk + Mayo + Dill + Chives + Garlic + Onion
- Lemon Pepper: Mayo + Lemon + Honey + Black Pepper
- Honey Mustard: Yellow Mustard + Mayo + Honey + Lemon
- Teriyaki: Soy Sauce + Brown Sugar + Sesame + Garlic
- Sweet ‘n’ Sour: Orange + Pineapple + Honey + Vinegar
This might be enough to put Chicken Guy! on our list of the country’s top fast-food fried chicken.
Hot ‘n’ Spicy
The Mayor of Flavortown has shown us that he can handle heat—and now guests can try to keep up.
- Chipotle Ranch: Chipotle Peppers + Smoked Paprika + Buttermilk Ranch
- Nashville Hot Honey: Honey + Red Chilies + Cayenne + Garlic + Onion
- Peri Peri: Roasted Red Bell Peppers + Chilies + Garlic + Onion + Paprika + Oregano + Lemon
- Habanero Hot Sauce: Fresh Habanero + Vinegar + Onion + Garlic
- Spicy Mayo: Roasted Red Chilies + Cayenne + Chipotle Peppers + Honey + Mayo
- Sweet Sriracha BBQ: Roasted Red Chili Puree + Tomato + Onion + Molasses + Brown Sugar
If the flavor descriptors aren’t enough to send you to Florida , hungry eaters can find the best fried chicken in your home state. You can also check out our guide to making the best fried chicken at home!